Monday, May 23, 2011

Apple, Cherry, and Cranberry Tartlets

I have to tell you that I LOVE butter!!!!

More importantly, I love fruit cooked in butter! Well, actually, if truth be told, I love everything cooked in butter!!!

More importantly than that, I like to be thin, beautiful, and healthy!

I know, I know! I know what you're thinking. Well, maybe I don't. If you're sitting there wondering why those dang middle easterners just can't get along, then I can't help you with that. Or maybe I can. Here's my theory on that: They're Crazy!!!!! That's the best I can do on that. But, if on the other hand, you are thinking 'Yeah, too bad! You can't have butter and a nice butt, too!' Well then you're wrong!! And you too can have butter and a nice butt too!! Are you loving me right now or what?

The reason a lot of people think they can't have butter is because they are brainwashed into thinking saturated fat is bad for you. Its not. Whats bad for you are artificial, chemical laden food-like substances, margarine, for example, or non dairy creamer.

No, no, no!! Never put those in your mouth! Eat real butter and real cream, preferrably from grass fed cows.

I have to tell you that when I was younger and in my fat free days I tried to make a low fat pecan pie for Thanksgiving....to take to my mother-in-law's house......I know.....What the heck was I thinking? I used egg whites, corn syrup, fat free margarine, sugar, and pecans. It was not pretty. But, I did learn an important lesson at that time. The lesson is 'Its Thanksgiving for goodness sakes! Just eat it and enjoy it! You can walk it all off later.'

As another aside, this is completely unrelated to my post, but its funny. When Robbie and I very first got married I made lasagna for dinner. I was at the grocery store looking for ricotta. I couldn't find it but found feta. I was standing there looking at it thinking 'It looks like ricotta....It probably tastes like ricotta.' You know it doesn't. It was awful! Robbie, however, really liked it. Yuck! Which, that all by itself, sounds like a nice, little romantic story, huh? The new wife screws up dinner. The proud husband likes it anyway. Oh, PROUD? you ask...Yes, because his mother showed up while I was at work. Since he liked it so much I saved the leftovers for him. This is where the story turns from romantic to dark. While I was at work, his mother pops in and Robbie says "Misty made some really great lasagna last night. You should try it!" I know!!! Gasp! Horror!!!!!! He tells me all this when I get home. As I stand there listening to his tale of horror (he doesn't realize its a tale of horror. He's a man, what are you gonna do?) my mouth hangs open and after a few seconds of stunned silence I ask him "You fed your mother that lasagna?!? Oh No!!!!........well, what did she say?"

She said "I like a litte more ricotta in my lasagna."



See? funny, huh?

So, with that all being said, I'm going to tell you what I made last night and Oh My! It was delicious!!! I made apple, cherry, and cranberry tartlets.

Here are the ingredients:

2 T butter
2 apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
15 cherries, chopped
1/4 C dried cranberries
1 T stevia
pie crust, I used Immaculate Baking premade pie crust. Its good and doesn't have any artificial ingredients in it. Plus I had it on hand which is what put the idea of tartlets in my head.
4 small tart pans

*You could increase this recipe to make a big tart. But, I wanted little tarts for single servings. I told you I like to be thin and beautiful!! While you can eat butter and still look good, you can't eat a whole pie and still look good! I'm just sayin'

Okay, pre heat the oven to 350 degrees. Measure out the crust into the pans. Melt the butter in a frying pan and then add the apples. Cook them about 5 minutes until they're softish. Then add the cranberries and cherries. Cook another few minutes to get them all buttered up. Add the stevia and mix it all up making a bit of a glaze. Pour the fruit into the crusts and bake for about 15 minutes until the crusts are lightly brown.

And voila!!! All done. Now you have a healthy, fruity dessert with no added sugars for you and your family to enjoy. If you really want to enjoy it further, add cream to it!!!!

There's nothing better in the world than fruit cooked in butter and stevia with cream poured on top!!!

Man oh man! I cannot wait for peach season! :)

I'm submitting this recipe in Monday Mania If you want more real food recipes you should definitely check it out. Definitely. Its right Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment