Saturday, February 5, 2011

Nutella Day??

Forgive me briefly, please! I am at this moment...internetless except for the internet on my phone. While Im quite thankful for any little scrap of internet, this just seems barbaric! Im typing with my thumbs like some twisted circus feat. This will be a short post but I just HAD to share this with you.

On another blog I follow (Not one of the healthy ones!) I saw that today is Nutella Day. I know! Crazy!

I just want to say...Put down the spoon!! You can do it! I know its tasty. Believe me I know! But Im here as a beacon of real hope and change (hahaha! Get it?)

Nutella is full of hydrogenated oils. Hydrogenated oils cause clogged arteries and heart disease, not saturated fats! In this day and age, there is no reason at all to consume hydrogenated oils......ever! If you would just buck up and buy your groceries from the health food store youll be SOOOO much healthier. But more importantly, your family would be soooo much healthier. Isnt that what we REALLY want?

I know. Because Ive been there. At first the sticker shock alone almost kills you on the spot. But, then youll realize that a)its worth the extra money. And b) youll be eating less but more nutrient dense foods. Win/Win!

So, back to my original point of Nutella. Dont buy it! Instead, spend Nutella Day going to the health food store. Look around and enjoy the experience! Pick out a few things that look interesting to take home and try. Start easy if you've never been, maybe some organic toaster pastries (They have chocolate!!) Or some herbal coffee. Maybe a six pack of Blue Skys (Im not going to tell you what they are. You have to go see and report back! Kinda like a scavenger hunt. How fun is that?) But, one thing you HAVE to try is

Chocolate Hazelnut Spread made by Rapunzel.

I didnt just make that up! Its for real and its to die for.....only you wont cuz its healthy. Now Nutella, on the oher hand....

Just go try it and let me know what ya think! And report back when you know what Blue Skys are. By the way, if you're in our co-op, we can get all that in the co-op. :)

Happy Nutella Day!..........ppppffffffttttttttttt

No comments:

Post a Comment