Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ginger

Ginger!!!!

Yeah, not THAT Ginger, silly!!!!

This Ginger


Well, its a gingerbread man because its the holiday season, ya know!!! :)

I DO Like Ginger from Gilligan's Island, though. Every time my husband wants me to make a sexy face, I make the "Ginger" face and say, "Hello, Gilligan". He thinks that's REAL sexy......SCREECH....NOT!..He always says, "Why do keep calling me Gilligan?" to which I say, "If you don't want me to make a sexy face, then don't ask me to make a sexy face." and then I walk away. HeeeHeee. I like to keep our love life spicy. So, I like to play "sexy games" like that. We HAVE been married for over 20 years, so you can imagine....

Anyway, back to my real post for the day, and that's the SPICE ginger and no, I don't mean the SPICE GIRL, Ginger. I mean the Real Ginger.

This is part of my new, regular Thursday posts, about herbs.

Ginger has a whole host of health benefits!!!

I consume it regularly in a tea form anytime I'm feeling a little queasy. I make some ginger tea (I just use the tea bags. You could actually make your own if you're feeling so inclined) I put some Stevia in there to sweeten it and BAM! queasiness gone! You can also take it in a supplement form. You can even buy ginger candies in pharmacies now if you don't like the tea. Even a little ginger ale and ginger cookies can help with nausea.
I think we all knew that one already, but here are some other benefits of ginger that you maybe didn't know.

It reduces pain and inflammation. In studies it has been shown to be a natural painkiller and people who consume it have less soreness after working out. I can only assume that would also apply to people with injuries.

It has also been shown to relieve symptoms of colds and flus and help with digestive issues. When someone in my house gets sick, I always give them some ginger tea with honey in it. It tastes good and honey is also anti-inflammatory as well as being anti-viral and anti-bacterial.

In a University of Michigan study, ginger killed ovarian cancer cells. Can you say, WOW!!! ?On a side note, I've been claiming all along that cancer can be cured and prevented with diet.....I'm just sayin'....

A University of Minnesota found that ginger slowed down colorectal cancers. Again...I'm just sayin'...

Another study done on rats found that ginger may reduce diabetic nephropathy (kidney damage).

In addition to all the things that ginger can do, it tastes pretty good too!! So, go home and make some gingerbread. Make it extra gingery and feel good about your family eating it!!!


mmmmmmmmm.....AND it smells wonderful......... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment