Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pumpkin Oatmeal

Well, its a chilly 54 degrees here in Texas. I know some of you Yankees are laughing your hiney off! But, hey.... We like it hot!

Hot as in Hot, yo! Not hot as in "Oh My Lord, Its a hundred freaking degrees outside!" which we get a lot of here in Texas.

But....Not Today!!!! Today its chilly out and has me in the mood for some phat (pretty, hot, and tasty) oatmeal. Its super good with pumpkin added to it as well. I had some myself and now I'm going to share it with you. This is enough for one serving because I only made some for myself. Heee Heee.

No, no! Before you get all sideways thinking I'm a bad wife and mom, let me say, that my honey doesn't really appreciate oatmeal the way I do and has elected to eat some organic Koala Crisp cereal with raw, whole milk and my son is spending the night with a friend of which and a side note, he accidentally called my phone in the middle of the night and I eavesdropped on his activities for a while. Heeee Heeeee!

HEY!! don't judge me! He called ME so its okay...... Right??? Yeah well, a mom has to use all the tools in her chest. :)

But, anyway, back to the oatmeal. Here's what you'll need:

1 cup water
1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
1/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
1/8 t cinnamon
1/16 t nutmeg
1/16 t cloves
1/16 t ginger
pinch of salt
1 packet of Stevia
1/4 cup raw cream (you heard me!! I said CREAM)

Then: Here's what you'll do:

Boil the water and add the oatmeal. Cook for about 5 minutes or so until its creamy. Add the pumpkin and spices and continue until  everything is all melty and warm. Add the Stevia. If you want it sweeter you can add another packet. Spoon into your bowl and pour the cream all over the top.

Then, sit down and count your blessings today. One of which will most definitely be the fact that you just found your new favorite way to eat oatmeal!! :)


And seriously.....Don't be afraid of the cream!! Really!!! Don't put sugar in it and the cream will skip right past your thighs much like I skipped right past my shorts this morning to put on my blue jeans and sweater!

No comments:

Post a Comment