Friday, December 17, 2010

Some Really Good Pork!!!

We just recently bought some meat from a man selling it off the street!!

Well, kinda but not really. I usually buy grass fed, free range, antibiotic, hormone, and nitrate (ite) free meats. But, I had decided to get some of the guys on my list (who frankly could care less about healthy eating!!!) some steaks for Christmas. Well, then all of a sudden a guy comes in selling such meats for less than I had planned to spend. Yeee-haw!!!! So he threw in a case of pork for free. Well, okay. I'll give some of it a try. Because not only do I like to eat healthy but frugally when I can.

So, I found a recipe from http://allrecipes.com/ and found pernil pork loin. Its a Puerto Rican Pork Loin. And oh my!!! Was it ever delicious!!!!! So, since its your lucky day, I'm going to tell you how I made it and what I served it with. Then I'll tell you how much my husband gushed over it and promised me all sorts of diamonds and furs and trips and....... Oh, well, okay he didn't really promise me all that but he did really love it. :)

Puerto Rican Pork Loin:

In a food processor add:

4 cloves garlic


1 large onion, quartered

2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano

1 tablespoon ground cumin

2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder
2 teaspoons salt

2 teaspoons ground black pepper

olive oil

1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar

1 tablespoon white wine

Chop and blend until its all paste-y. Spread it over:
1 (3 pound) boneless pork loin roast

Cook on low about 5 - 6 hours and then squeeze the juice of

1 lime

all over the top. :)
 
 
 
 
I served this with a Caesar salad (because we love them) and some rice. I cooked rice the regular old way, following the directions on the package but I added baby spinach and pine nuts sauteed in butter. mmmmmmm....butter......
 
I love butter.
 
So the rice is mildly bland while the meat is pretty tangy. Its a perfect complement. My husband not only loved it he had it for lunch 2 days in a row until it was all gone. I was going to use the leftover meat for sandwiches and tacos or something.
 
Home Run in the Pearson kitchen!!!!! Now it can be in yours too! :)
 
This post is part of Food Renegades Fight Back Friday. You should go over there and check it out! Here is the link http://www.foodrenegade.com/fight-back-friday-december-17th/#more-2542

No comments:

Post a Comment