Friday, April 1, 2011

EFAs and Skin Moisture

Wow!! 2 entries in one day!!!! Can you believe it?

I'm here at our store, Pearson Pools, your one stop pool shop! *I know, I know...I'll stop.* I'm here after cleaning pools all day because today is opening day of baseball and Robbie the guy who is regularly in this seat has gone home early to watch the Rangers beat the Red Sox. As an aside, I don't really know if the Rangers are beating the Red Sox nor do I honestly care. Don't get me wrong, I want the Rangers to win, but not so much that I feel a need to go HOME to watch them!!!

We have a little tv here and we've offered to mount it and hook it up to cable but he thinks its too much money....Really? Do you know how much money cable costs? No? Then how do you know???

.....what? the fish? Oh....riiiiightttttt... again, I digress. See? I need you to keep me in check otherwise my fishy blog entry turns into a baseball entry. Or was it an entry about the cost of cable? I can't keep up.
So, back to the fish!

I follow Suzanne Sommers blog. She's really smart about nutritional stuff! Who knew, right? I used to think 'She's an actress! What does she know about nutrition??' I thought the same thing about Marilu Henner. As it turns out, they know quite a lot. I was waiting for my son at Boy Scouts one night in the church library. I picked up one of Suzanne's books and was really blown away. So, I'm going to share something she was talking about in her blog. Its about moisturizers.

Apparently, she has a skin care line. Some women were complaining that their aging skin wasn't holding moisture. As it turns out, they were deficient in their omega 3s!!

The point is, if you consume enough of those essential fats your skin will glow. I will tell you that we've noticed that drinking Monavie. Its perfectly balanced omegas 3, 6, and 9. You can also get your omega 3s from fish and fish oil. I recommend the fish as the oil goes rancid really quickly.

Because its your lucky day, I'm going to tell you my favorite way to prepare fish. Its tilapia. I don't know how you feel about tilapia being from China and all. Oh sure, I bet you could find some around here but EVERYTHING comes from China anymore. I kid you not, that I even sprung for a case of expensive, health food store tilapia to get away from those pesky Chinese and would you believe that those came from China as well. So, I'll let you be the judge on that. I just love it! Its very mild and light on the calories.

Here's what ya need:

tilapia fillets
salt
pepper
garlic powder
chile pepper powder seasoning (I use Rudy's Rub, but Emerils is good too)
lemon
olive oil

Turn on the broiler. I cover my broiler  pan with foil so the clean up is a super breeze! place the fillets on the pan and brush each one with olive oil. Sprinkle spices on each fillet to taste and then squeeze lemon all over them. Turn the fillets over and do the same thing to that side. If you don't like spicy leave out the chile powder seasoning. Its super delicious without it too! Put that in the broiler for about 3-4 minutes (till they're not pink) flip them over and cook another 3-4 minutes until they flake with a fork. Boooyah!!All done! How easy is that????

Now, you have a delicious meal for your family that's low in calories and youthful skin all the same time! Now that's some multitasking!

This post is part of Food Renegade's Fight Back Fridays. To check out even more healthy suggestions shoot on over there at this website http://www.foodrenegade.com/fight-back-friday-april-1st/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment