Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What's In A Name?

I have a confession to make......I'm not a blogger.... What?? How can that be, you ask. Well, let me tell you. Until very recently, Ive never read a blog. Well, now that I'm actually thinking about it I'm pretty sure I have unknowingly. Anyway back to what I was saying; I'm not a blogger. Ive recently found a few blogs that I really enjoy. One of which is my friend Nicki's. You should check it out: 400things.blogspot.com.

I enjoyed Nicki's blog so much I decided there may be other blogs that I really enjoy too! Do you know what I found? There are A LOT of blogs!! Some good, some not as good, and some neglected. It occurred to me that this is EXACTLY what I needed.

I'm very conservative. *GASP!* OMG, she's conservative?..yes! And, like most Americans I watch the news. Watching the news seriously wipes me out. I go through so many strong emotions as I watch what our elected officials are doing along with what evil things in general that people are always doing to each other. Throw in an oil spill and a natural disaster, and its about all I can do not to jump back in bed, throw the covers over my head and just hide. Well, I'm busy sooooo not really an option. I really have contemplated stop watching the news and just retreat into more peaceful pursuits. It really would be so easy to do. Then, I realized how cowardly that is! If we don't watch the news, how will we know what's going on in the world? We can't make a difference and make the world a better place if aren't aware that it's all falling apart around us.

So I decided to suck it up and keep watching the news, continue listening to talk radio and occasionally retreat into my country home and enjoy those peaceful pursuits. This blog is a reflection of that. Attack/Retreat, Attack/Retreat.

Okay, that's all well and good you're thinking but what does that have to do with the name? I'm getting to that. Sheesh! I love learning new things. Every time I learn to do something I couldn't do before I joke to my family that I have mad skills. And well, I live down home. I hope to share some of those mad skills and some stories from small towns around the country during some of those retreat times I was telling you about.

With this outlet and someone to share the burden of watching our government, I think I can stay ABOVE the covers and actually be able make at least a little difference. Thanks for letting me share with you!

1 comment:

  1. SO, it's cowerdly. That's what I'll tell Scott next time he grounds me from the news! LOL ( too many emotions for him to handle from his ranting wife!

    ReplyDelete