Friday, October 1, 2010

sugar free peach melba


MMMMMMMMMMMMMM...........


Imagine this with real, fresh, organic cream poured on top.



MMMMMMMMMMMMMM.......

Let me tell me how you I made it. Its super simple and it won't make you fat. I promise. In fact, it can help you lose weight. NO!!! Really!!! Its true. Now look at that delicious picture again.

Unbelievable huh??? But, I kid you not.

This is enough for one person. So don't tell your family. Or better yet, tell them that its healthy and they'll stay away from it and you can have it all to yourself.

Take one organic nectarine (I know, I said it was peach melba. It's really nectarine melba. But peach melba just sounds better, ya know?)
Cut that up into chunks while you're melting 1/2 Tablespoon butter in a pan. I love butter. I'm going to marry butter when my darling husband of 20 years is not married to me anymore. I don't know when that will be but I'm going to keep stringing butter along until then.
Once the butter is melted, reduce the heat to medium and add the chunks to the pan. Sprinkle two teaspoons full (real teaspoons that you stir iced tea with and not measuring spoons) of ZSweet on the nectarine chunks and stir around, or sautee, if you will. ZSweet is Xylitol and Stevia. It has zero calories, is all natural, and is low glycemic.
Once the nectarine is softish*, add a handful (or 3!!) of organic raspberries (blackberries are super yummy too!!) into the pan and stir them around gently just to coat them with the glaze.
Turn off the heat and pour your mixture into a bowl. Then pour cream over the top.

*This recipe works really well with peaches or nectarines that are not quite ripe. You know, the ones that aren't very tasty and juicy to eat right out of your hand? Yeah, those. The juicy ones, just eat 'em before you get in the house. That's what you're supposed to do with those. That way you can hose your face off while you're still outside.

Then, sit back and enjoy every single, delicious, nutritious, slimming bite!!!

The caveat to eating butter and cream and still losing weight is that you can't eat fat and sugar together. So, you could have this with protein and vegetables and still be losing weight. You can't eat anything starchy or high glycemic and then have this. Otherwise, it WILL make you fat. Soooo, you can enjoy the buttery, sweet goodness just don't have any sugar, bread, pasta, or potatoes when you eat it. Easy, huh? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment