Friday, June 4, 2010

Chicken Enchilada Soup

Here's a little soup recipe to get you through your day! It's delicious!!! You should try it.

Here's what you need:

2 cooked and shredded chicken breasts (I use leftover chicken. I sometimes plan my weekly menu so that I cook a chicken or have one of those delicious little rotisserie numbers from Wal-Mart. So, what I'm saying is, you don't HAVE to have breasts. If I don't have any leftover chicken, I'll just boil 2 breasts real quick.)

1 can mexican style stewed tomatoes
1 can enchilada sauce ( I like Hatch brand. It doesn't have all the junk in it)
1- 4 oz can chopped green chiles
1 med chopped onion
1 qt of chicken broth
1 T garlic powder
1 t. smoked paprika
1 t. chipotle pepper
1/2 t. cumin
2 bay leaves
salt
1/2 lemon
handful of cilantro
grated cheese

Dump all the ingredients except the last 3 into your slow cooker. Cook on high 3 hours or low 6. I sometimes do that in the morning and put it on the setting "keep warm" and let it go all day and come home to a delicious dinner. 30 minutes before you're through cooking, squeeze the lemon into it and throw in the cilantro.

You can make it hotter or milder by using more or less of the peppers. You can also add a little cayenne for even more of a kick!

sprinkle the cheddar on top and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment