Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Food As Medicine

I was reading the Wellness Journal this morning. It's been sitting on the end table by my chaise. It's my favorite place to sit. It's right near a window and overlooks my front porch and out further into the pasture. I love it! My parents upholstered it for me in silk and leather fabrics with a down cushion for the back. And best of all the whole she-bang was FREE!!!

That's not what I got on here to tell you though. I had a point about the Wellness Journal. It's great and jam packed full of good, healthy information. I was reading it this morning and there is an article in there about medicine and using food as medicine.

I've noticed an ever growing, crazy trend in healthcare. It feels to me like a freight-train racing toward a wall it's fixing to smack into and people keep getting on the train. I know this is going to sound like conspiracy talk but we're being brainwashed by television, the government, pharmaceutical companies, and some doctors. I'm not saying they are all bad, but when you have a pharmaceutical company with loads of money telling you and the politicians, AND the doctors that to be healthy we all need to be on drugs people start to believe it! Do you know that when you fund cancer research where that money goes?? I'll tell you. It goes to pharmaceutical companies. Period. Well, and the administrative costs of the foundation raising the money. There has been ample studies PROVING that diet can prevent and heal our bodies but there is no money in nutrition so you don't see commercials about that on television.

It's a proven fact that if you eat lots of fruits and vegetables, drink lots of water, avoid sugar, and get plenty of sleep and moderate exercise you will increase your lifespan.....without having to take drugs. In the next few days I'll be a little more specific.  But, in the meantime, avoid fast food, eat a salad and go outside and play with your kids, or dogs or just go for a walk with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment