Saturday, September 3, 2011

Thought Of The Day

I just got my new Yoga Journal in the mail yesterday. I LOVE all things yoga so getting my YJ in the mail is like a mini Christmas each month. I can't wait to open it up see what's new and zen.

The first thing I do is flip through it (usually during dinner because I don't wanna have to wait!)

I read the short, interesting articles, look at the cool pictures, and make a mental note to come back later and read the longer articles. I even save all my YJ because I don't think I've ever completely read one cover to cover and I don't want to miss a thing! :)

But, here's what caught my eye and made me think of you.

There is a section called People. And this girl Kris Carr is a cancer survivor and she wrote this article about juicing.  Ive been preaching this for years along with a few other "food renegades" :)

"Inflammation is stress that comes from what you're eating, drinking, and thinking. Its a root cause of chronic disease."

'Well, that's just great!' you're thinking. ( I know bc I can now read minds. But, thats a topic for another day.) The other thing you're thinking is 'But, how do I reduce or prevent inflammation?'

I have the answer!!! And its simple!!!

All you have to do is eat more fruits and veggies (preferrable organic!), reduce processed foods, breads, and sugar, get some sleep, meditate and/or pray (BTW, some people think meditation is some anti-Christ thing. Its not. Get over it. God says in the Bible "Be still and know that I am God" How can you pray for something and not quiet your mind so you can hear His response. I don't think you can. I'm just sayin'), get some exercise, and love somebody.

That's it! Its that easy. A little laughter never hurt anybody either! The thing is...a lot of those things are all tied together. An inflammatory diet can lead to all sorts of other conditions like depression. Who would've thought? But, its true. Even some behavior problems in kids are linked to food sensitivities. Its weird, I know, but trust me. Get rid of the sugars and chemicals and eat more produce. You can do it!! And if you can't, get a bottle of Monavie. Just 4 oz a day has the anti-oxidant equivalent of 13 servings of fruits and vegetables. That's what we do and we feel fantastic!! If you want some check out my website on the left.

If you're interested in Kris Carr and want to learn more, She just wrote a book called Crazy Sexy Diet.
She's also a blogger. Her blog is crazysexylife.com 

You don't have to make a gazillion changes in your life to be healthy. All you gotta do is start with ONE!
In the words of my friend, Charlie Kalb...."Just do SOMETHING!!!!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment